Thank you for visiting WEBCOMICS.CC (“we” or “us”). Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the collection and use of the personally identifiable information you submit on our online and mobile Web sites, services, and applications (“Site” or “Sites”). For certain offerings on our Sites, there may be additional notices about information practices and choices. Please read those additional privacy disclosures to understand how they apply to you.
1. The Information We Collect
Registration and account information
In the course of using our Site, we may ask you to create an account or register for an application by providing us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you, as well as to administer your account. The types of personally identifiable information that you provide as part of your account may include: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, credit card, and billing information, information about your interest in and use of various content, products, programs, and services, and other information that you provide to us.
Information about others/inviting friends
At some of our Sites, you can submit information about other people. For example, you might submit a person’s name and e-mail address to share content or recommendations, send an electronic greeting card and, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you might submit the recipient’s name and address. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected about other people as part of this process include the recipient’s name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and information about the recipient’s interest in and use of various content, products, programs, and services.
Information from other sources
Information collection from mobile devices
If you access our Sites, on your mobile telephone or other mobile device, we also may collect your unique device identifier and mobile device IP address (e.g. MAC address), as well as information about your device’s operating system, mobile carrier, and mobile Internet browsers, your precise location information, and other information described in this Policy.
Providing requested information
In some cases, only persons who provide us with the requested personally identifiable information will be able to order products, programs, and services, or otherwise participate in the Site’s activities and offerings.
Technical and usage information
We also collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you use our Sites such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using (e.g., Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Android), the domain name of your Internet service provider or mobile carrier, IP address, and certain usage information.
2. How We Use the Information
Providing our products and services
We use the information we collect about you to fulfill your requests for our products and services, to respond to your inquiries about our offerings, to provide, personalize, and improve our offerings and to offer you other products or services from us and our affiliates, business partners, and selected third parties that we believe may be of interest to you. The information we collect in connection with our online forums and communities is used to provide an interactive experience. We use this information to facilitate participation in these online forums and communities and, from time to time, to offer you products or services. If you choose to submit content for publication, we may publish your screen name and other information you have provided to us on our Sites, the Internet, or elsewhere.
Communicating with you
We use information about you to communicate with you, such as to notify you when we make changes to our user agreements, to fulfill a request by you for an online newsletter, to confirm purchases you have made through our Sites, or to contact you about your account with us. You may also choose to receive push notifications from us on your mobile device. We use the information that you provide about others to enable us to send them invitations, gifts, cards, or other content on your behalf or through our Sites. From time to time, we also may use this information to offer products, programs, or services to them.
Use of non-personally identifiable information
We use aggregate information about our users and non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design, functionality and content of our Sites and to enable us to personalize your experience with our Sites and offerings. We use this information to (i) provide, maintain, personalize, protect, improve, and develop our products and services and to operate our business, (ii) to analyze usage and performance of our Sites, and (iii) for us and our affiliates, business partners, and selected third parties to offer you products or services.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
Legal and law enforcement purposes
Change of control
In addition, we may transfer information about you in the event of a business transaction, such as if we or one of our business units or our relevant assets are acquired by, sold to, or merged with another company.
Our agents and contractors may have access to personally identifiable information to help carry out the services they are performing for us.
Affiliates and other third parties
4. Cookies and Other Technical Information
Cookies and Web beacons
We and our business partners may send “cookies” to your computer or use similar technologies to enhance your online experience at our Sites. “Cookies” are files that can identify you as a unique customer and store your personal preferences as well as technical information (including click through and clickstream data). Cookies manage and measure the performance of advertisements displayed on or delivered by or through us and/or other networks or sites. Cookies can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser). Our Site may use locally stored objects (sometimes referred to as “Flash cookies”) to provide certain content. Adobe’s Flash player and similar applications use this technology to remember settings, preferences, and usage similar to browser cookies. Flash cookies are not managed through your web browser, but you can access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s web site. We may also use “Web beacons” that monitor your use of our Sites. Web beacons (or Web bugs) are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a Web page for the purpose of transferring data, such as the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the Web beacon appears, the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) of the page on which the Web beacon appears, the time the page containing the Web beacon was viewed, the types of browser that fetched the Web beacon and the identification number of any cookie on the computer previously placed by that server. When corresponding with you via HTML capable email, Web beacons let us know whether you received and opened our email. On their own, cookies or Web beacons do not contain or reveal any personally identifiable information. However, if you choose to furnish personally identifiable information, this information can be linked to the data stored in the cookies/Web beacons.
Managing cookies and Web beacons and Do Not Track
5. Our Commitment to Security
6. Children’s Personal Information
The Services are designed for a general audience and are not directed to children.
[For U.S. Residents Only]
7. For California Consumers
Collection and Disclosure
We may have:
(1) Collected the following categories of personal information about you:
– Identifiers such as a unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, and other similar identifiers;
– Financial information, such as signature, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, and other relevant financial information;
– Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
– Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements;
– Sensory information including electronic, visual, or similar information; and
– Inferences are drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
(2) Collected personal information about you from the following categories of sources:
– From you or your devices, for example, through your use of the Services;
– Our affiliated companies which provide services on our behalfs, such as customer support and payment processing; and
– Social media networks.
– Performing Services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services;
– Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance;
– Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction;
– Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
– Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
– Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration; and
– Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a Service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the Service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
(4) Shared your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
– Our affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners;
– Vendors who provide services on our behalf;
– Social networks;
– Professional services organizations, such as auditors and law firms; and
– Other third parties when you separately consent to or request such sharing.
(5) We may also share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
– A third party as part of an actual or planned merger or transfer, acquisition or sale, or in the event of a bankruptcy;
– Government entities, including law enforcement as required by law.
(6) Sold the following categories of personal information about you:
We may have sold advertising/marketing cookies to Google, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Bing, and TikTok in order to show you personalized advertisements based on your interactions with our Services when you visit such social media networks platform.
– Identifiers such as a unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, and similar technology; other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, and internet protocol address.
– Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications, or advertisements.
– Inferences are drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We do not have actual knowledge that we sell the personal information of minors under age 16.
California Consumer Privacy Rights
You may have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, the following information about the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months:
– the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
– the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information;
– the business or commercial purpose for which we collected or sold the personal information;
– the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information; and
– the categories of personal information about you that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we sold or disclosed that information for a business purpose.
You also may have the right to request that we provide you with (1) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (2) the identity of those third parties. In addition, you have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you. You also have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. We will not deny, charge different prices for, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services because you choose to exercise these rights.
To opt-out of the sale of your personal information, click here. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
8. Notification Regarding Updates